Thursday, September 27, 2007

About Disabilities

I chose the Category 'About Disabilities' because I feel it is important to have knowledge on the disabilities of the children in our classrooms before we can determine how to accommodate them. Each site in this category focuses giving the reader knowledge about the disability. Helpful Tips- Dyslexia in the classroom is one of my favorite websites, it gives information and great tools on how to help a dyslexic child. For example, using a different color pen for each time you write on the white board or smart so that the child can decipher the different lines. Also using soft shades as background colors on worksheets, this will help the child read the print better. My other favorite is the site on learning about selective mutism. This site gives information on the disability as well as how to help. The site is detailed in answering common questions and answers the questions that I am most curious about.

No comments: