Thursday, September 27, 2007

English Language Learners- ELL

I chose the category of English Language Learner because English as a second language is very common. There are a large amount of kids being put in the classroom that understand very little English and are still learning. I chose sites that focused on teaching ELL students effectively. This is important to me because in the classroom where I student teach there are three ELL students. It is good for me to know how to effectively communicate with them. I really like the site Focus on Effectiveness, it gives great factual information about ELL students. My other favorite is Tips for Teaching ELL students, this site gives you effective tools on how to promote success among your ELL students. The site helps teachers to develop important strategies to encourage the students succees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.