Thursday, September 27, 2007

Childhood Development- Grade 1

I chose the category 'Childhood Development- Grade 1' because as a teacher I want to know where my students are at as far as development. I would like to know how they interact best, and what is going on with them intellectually, physically and socially. I believe that knowing about their development will help me to teach the effectively. Each site in this category focuses on ages 5 & 6 because I am planning on teaching this age group. The 1st site on the list named Child Development is a great site, it gives the reader specific bullets on the intellectual, physical and social development of a 5 or 6 year old. It tells the reader their characteristics, things they typically enjoy, and common moods. The site also lists some helpful hints on how to interact with children in this age bracket. Education.com is also another great site. This site gives charts with specific characters and qualities as well. What I really like about this site is it gives you indicators of development lag. I believe that important to know as an educator.

No comments: